Today marks four years since I began this blog. I remember starting it and wondering if anyone would find it, read it, enjoy it. It was akin to that feeling of having a party and thinking ‘what if no one shows up’. But people did find it, you guys do read it and it is so much fun!
I thought about the number four and looked at the significance of it in my life. Turns out it is a pretty cool number.
For me personally, I thought of the following:
- I have four children.
- I am the fourth daughter out of six.
- My mother is the fourth daughter in as many children. She was given the name Bernardine (the Italian feminine for Bernard, her father’s name). I am the fourth daughter too and she gave me the name Bernardine.
- There are four seasons.
- There are four cardinal directions or points on a compass.
- Four mathematical rules; addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Wizard of Oz – the foursome including Dorothy, Tin Man, Scarecrow and the Cowardly Lion.
- Commonly used 4:4 time in music.
- Everyone knows the Fab Four!
- There are four suits in a deck of cards.
- How many Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? Yep, 4!
- How many houses in Hogwarts?? You got it – 4!
- The Four Corners in the United States is where four states join at a single point; Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico and Utah.
- For those who look for meaning in their dreams four is significant. Four is important in that it indicates stability and success. A pattern of fours would say your work and efforts are likely to pay off with success. Whether I believe in dream analysis or not, I like this because I feel like my work to develop my blog and my shop has been really successful and, more importantly, so satisfying!
- When celebrating wedding anniversaries, the traditional gift for the fourth anniversary is fruits or flowers.
OK, here is where it gets interesting. This being the fourth anniversary of my blog, I want to give my readers a gift. It seems rather impractical to send you fruit so I want to give flowers. In keeping with the theme of four, I have created four fat quarter bundles, containing four pieces each. The fabrics are all florals. So to mark this fourth blogiversary, I will select four winners, each of whom will win a bundle of four florals!
To enter to win, tell me what the number four means to you. Does it have any significance? If not, that’s fine too. How long does the giveaway remain open? WellI, four days of course! I will pull names on the 8th of June! Thanks to everyone who reads my blog, sews along with me, shops at Needle & Foot, and extends their friendship and community to me. It’s been a fun four years!!